Was born on May 26, 1976, in Aksu village, Sairam district, Shymkent region. Kazakh.
In 1997, graduated from historical faculty of Aktubinsk State University named after K.Zhubanov. In 1999, he completed postgraduate studies at faculty of philosophy and political science, Kazakh State University named after Al-Farabi. Candidate of political sciences, subject of candidate’s dissertation: “Intra-political aspects of national security in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
- 1996—1998 worked as history and geography teacher at high school No 33 in the city of Aktubinsk (since 1999 - Aktobe), teacher at the department of political sciences in Aktubinsk State University named after K.Zhubanov.
- 1998—2000, he worked as an employee of Center for Political Research, Kazakhstan Development Institute, deputy director in the Institute of Russia and China.
- 2000 to 2003 — director of Central Asia Agency of Political Research.
- 2006, he was appointed to the position of advisor of political matters for akim of Mangystau region.
- In February 2008, under order of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan was appointed to position of head of department of internal policy, Administration of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- In November 2008, under decree of the chairman of People’s Democratic Party “Nur Otan” Nursultan Nazarbayev, was appointed as secretary of PDP “Nur Otan” for strategic development.
- From December 2013 to May 2014 - Guest Professor at the American University in Washington (USA).
- From October 2014 to February 2017, Director of the Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- From February 2017 was appointed to the post of Chairman of the Board of Qazaqstan Republic Teleradiocorporation.
Author of more than 100 scientific and op-ed articles in Kazakh and foreign scientific and periodical editions.
Interests – problems with terrorism, national and regional security, special forces and their role in system of national security, history of Kazakhstan.