Graduated from the Moscow State Institute for International Relations (1970), Economist, Candidate of History, Professor, Academician of the Academy of Natural Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1995).
- In 1963 he started to work as electrician of “Zhilgrazhdanstroy" trust;
- after graduation of the Institute he worked as head of the lecturing group of the Alma-Aty region committee of the Central.
- Committee of Leninist Young Communist League (1970 – 1973);
- Executive Secretary of the Committee Youth Organizations of Kazakhstan (1973-1974);
- Head of the Department of the Central Committee of Leninist Young Communist League (1974 – 1976);
- Instructor of the Central Committee of Communist Party of Kazakhstan (1976-1978),
- Secretary of the Central Committee of Leninist Young Communist League (1978-1981);
- Post-graduate student of the Academy of Social Sciences at the Central Committee of Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1981-1984),
- Senior lecturer, Dean of the Almaty Higher Party School (1984-1990);
- Consultant, Head of International Relations Department of the Supreme Soviet of KazSSR (1990-1991);
- Advisor to Vice-President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1991-1992);
- Director of the Center for Strategic Studies of the Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics and Strategic Research (1992-1993);
- Vice-Rector of the Center for Strategic and International Studies of the Kainar University (May 1997 – August 1998).
He was awarded with the Order of the People’s Friendship and the Certificate of Honour of the Supreme Soviet of KazSSR. He is the author of books: "Central Asia and Russia: Thorny Road toward Equal in Rights Mutual Relations" (1994), "Main Results of Foreign Policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and its Priority Tasks" (1994), "Kazakhstan and Nuclear Weapons Nonproliferation Treaty" (1994), "Central Asia’s Security" (1998).