Born on November 25, 1958 in collective farm «Zarya Vostoka» of the Kaskelen region of the Alma-Atinskaya oblast. Graduated from the Tashkent State University (1980), specialist in Oriental Studies, Candidate of Political Sciences.
- After graduation of the University worked as research fellow, senior researcher of the Institute of History, Archeology and Ethnography of the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan (1980-1991);
- researcher trainee, post-graduate student of the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Academy of Sciences of USSR (1983-1988);
- Senior researcher, Head of the Department of the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan (1991-1993);
- Senior Expert of Informational-Analytical Center of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1994 );
- Leading researcher of KazISS (1995-1996),
- Trainee of Indiana University, USA (1996-1997);
- First Deputy Director of KazISS (October – December 1997) Director of the Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (KazISS);
- Leading researcher of KazISS (1998 – 2000).
She is currently an Independent Expert, USA.
The author of books «Pan-Islamism in the Arabian World» (1991),
«Islam: Personality and Society» (coauthor).
(Ashimbayev D.R. Who is who in Kazakhstan. А., 2001)