Born on September 6, 1951 in Almaty.
Graduated from the KazakhState University after CM. Kirov, doctor of historical sciences.
• 1974-1978 - Assistant of the department of general history of the historical faculty of the Kazakh State University. CM. Kirov.
• 1978-1982. - Trainee-teacher, graduate student of the Department of New and Contemporary History of European and American Countries, Faculty of History, Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University.
• 1983-1993. - assistant, senior lecturer, associate professor of the Department of World History, Department of Modern and Contemporary History of the Faculty of History, Dean of Correspondence History Faculty of Kazakh National University. Al-Farabi.
• 1993-1995. - First Secretary, Head of the Department of Europe of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• 1995-2000 - adviser - head of the political group of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Germany (Bonn).
• 2000-2001 - Head of Foreign Policy Department, Adviser to the Director, Deputy, First Deputy Director of the Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• 2001-2002 - Director of the Center for Foreign Policy and Analysis of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• 2002-2004 - Counselor-Ambassador - Head of the Economic Group of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Germany (Berlin). Diplomatic rank: First Class Counselor (2002).
• 2004-2005 - First Deputy Director of the Institute of World Economy and Politics under the First President of Kazakhstan Foundation.
• 2005-2014 - Director of the Kazakhstan Institute of Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• Since November 2014 - Professor at the University of Turan.
• Since 2015 - Director of the Research Institute for International and Regional Cooperation of the Kazakh-German University.